Support Great Plant Picks
- How is my donation going to be used?
- Your contribution helps fund the research and selection process to pick the best performing plants for the maritime Pacific Northwest.
- Your contribution helps to review, evaluate, and assess the tens of thousands of ornamental plants available and distill them to the very best for gardeners in our region.
- What difference will my contribution make?
- Your contribution keeps GPP non-biased.
- Your contribution supports plant trials and evaluations.
- Your contribution helps to maintain GPP as one of the premier plant education programs in the country.
In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Elisabeth Miller Botanical Garden the staff will be hosting two fundraising dinners for Great Plant Picks at the Miller Garden this summer. Our guests of honor at the dinners are two of the three speakers for the 2014 Miller Memorial Lecture.
The guest of honor at the first dinner, to be held the evening of July 25th, is noted gardening author and freelance writer Val Easton. Val worked with Mrs. Miller over many years during the establishment of the Elisabeth C. Miller Library at the Center for Urban Horticulture in Seattle.
The second dinner will be held the evening of August 15th and our guest of honor is Steve Lorton, whose long and distinguished horticultural career includes 33 years with Sunset magazine. Steve was a long-time personal friend of Mrs. Miller and he has many great memories to share.
A special sunset tour of the Miller Garden followed by a sumptuous dinner and dessert is planned for both July 25th and August 15th from 6pm to 9p. A donation of $135 or more to Great Plant Picks will ensure your invitation to one of these unique fundraising events.
Once the Miller Garden has been notified of your donation you will be sent an invitation and directions to the garden. If you have any questions contact the Miller Garden staff at (206) 362-8612 or .
Sunset Dinner Friday, July 25, 2014 with guest of honor Val Easton: Sold Out!
Sunset Dinner Friday, August 15, 2014 with guest of honor Steve Lorton:
If you have any questions or would prefer to donate by phone, please call Great Plant Picks Manager Rick Peterson at (206) 362-8612. To donate by mail, print out our PDF here. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and check accepted for your donation.
- Great Plant Picks
- Attn: Rick Peterson, GPP Manager
- PO Box 77377
- Seattle, WA 98177
- (206) 362-8612